CHICKPEAS with COUSCOUS & ZUCCHINI
- 16-oz. can chickpeas
- 1 cup canned tomatoes (8 oz.wt.)
- Large clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil (1.6 oz.wt.)
- 6 ounces couscous prepared with 1/4 cup (1.2 oz.wt.) raisins
- 8 ounces zucchini or yellow summer squash, quartered and sliced 1/4" thick, and sautéed
Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
In a 1 1/2-quart Corning Ware dish (with lid) place the tomatoes. Stir in the crushed garlic, and seasonings. Whisk in the olive oil. Add the chickpeas, stir around, and cover.
Cook in an 1100-watt microwave oven on MED-HIGH (70% power) for 12 minutes, stirring once.
Meanwhile, prepare the couscous (with raisins), and zucchini or yellow summer squash.
Serve the chickpeas on a bed of couscous, with zucchini or squash alongside.